Nicole Cleveland is the oldest of two children. Raised by a teenage single mother, she was determined not to let her circumstances dictate who she would be and how far she would go. Statistics said one thing but she proved them wrong. Molestation, childhood sexual abuse, promiscuity, dysfunction, teenage pregnancy, non stability – those were some of the things she had to face head on. But she took the bull by the horns and ran. She ran like Forest. She kept on running until she found a place of solace.
In 1995 she found the Lord. She always knew there was a void in her life. But never could fill it. Men, clubs, alcohol, drugs… none of those things filled that void until she allowed the Lord to take residence in her heart.
She came from the streets into the church, so the church and church “folk” was an adjustment that took some time to get used to.
She can remember thinking, “I can get this type of treatment in the world, church people are not supposed to act like this.” But little did she know that people were people; in the church and outside of the church.
Her favorite saying is, “What the enemy meant for bad, God will turn around and mean for your good.” Her life is a living testimony.
She resides in Virginia with her family. She has three children ranging in age from 26 to 12.
By profession she is a professional Fundraiser, working in non profit management / fundraising for 16 + years.
In 2006 she founded Breathe Again Magazine, an online magazine designed to encourage, uplift and inspire women. Breathe Again Magazine posts real life testimonies of women that have endured, overcome and beat adversity. The bible states that we are overcome by the power of our testimony, but she noticed that people are not telling their “real” testimony to help encourage others .
People are on the verge of giving up all over this world. They are waiting for someone to stand up and say, “I’ve been where you are … but this is how I made it.”
- Nicole is a contributing author to a book entitled “Refined By the Fire: Defining Moments of Phenomenal Women” by GMA Publishing.
In 2008 her company decided to recognize local GED graduates in her area. “ We hold town hall meetings about gangs and violence. We print info about the drop out rate and pregnancy rate, but rarely do we come together when a life is turned around. When those drop outs go back and earn their GED” .Each year Breathe Again Magazine hosts the “I Made it Ceremony”, complete with caps and gowns.”
- She is a former host of a television pubic affairs program on TBN and former host of a daily inspirational segment entitled “Woman2Woman” on Star 1310 AM ”, Home of the Yolanda Adams Morning Show.
- She is a former columnist with Change Gospel Newspaper.
- She is a Mother, Radio Host / TV Host, Author, Motivational Speaker and Minister.
- Listen to Breathe Again Magazine – the Radio Show every Saturday at 9am on BTR www.blogtalkradio.com/breatheagainmagazine
- In early 2010 Nicole released the book “So He Cheated, Now What?” , her personal testimony of how the Lord healed her after an affair in her marriage ;an affair that produced a child.
- In June 2013, Nicole hosted God Did It: Overcoming Sexual Abuse, Rape & Molestation – A 3 day Tele-Seminar for Survivors of Sexual Abuse.
- January 2014, she released her second book, ” So He Hurt You, Now What?, which hit the best seller list the week it was released.
- March 2014 she was honored as one of 25 Women in the Arts from Southeastern Virginia Arts Association ( SEVAA) and was chosen as the winner in the Literary Arts Category. Nicole is now an Award Winning Best Selling Author.
She is the daughter of the most high God and lives only because he wants her to complete the work he began in her. He is her EVERYTHING!